Ebiaku, John Olowojoba
Educational Background and Development
|Diploma in Data Processing, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria||1982-1984|
|M.Sc. Information Technology, National Open University of Nigeria||2004 -2010|
|1.||Kaduna Refining & Petrochemical Company (NYSC)||1988/1989|
|2.||Computer Programmer/Analyst, Kaduna Refining & Petrochemical Company (Contract staff)||!989-1990|
|3.||Computer Superintendent , Leadway Assurance Company Limited||1990-1992|
|4.||Assistant Manager and Head of Computer Dept, Leadway Assurance Company Limited||1992-1996|
|5.||Computer Systems Manager and Head of IT Department, BAICO Insurance Plc||1996-1999|
|6.||Principal Analyst, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja||1999- 2003|
|7.||Ag. Head of Computer Laboratory, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja||2003 till date|
Present Status/Job Description
Principal Programmer (MIS)
• Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department
• Oversee the revision of the IT Strategic Plan as needed
• Work with staff to assess and respond to IT needs
• Hold regular departmental meetings to access goals and progress toward goals; promote teambuilding; and develop employees
• Supervise the ongoing operations of the IT Helpdesk providing quality and timely hardware and software support to all NMC employees
• Monitor how effective the department is in providing excellent user service by talking to customers on a routine basis and conducting user surveys
• Provide day-to-day supervision, assign work assignments for all IT personnel, and conduct performance appraisals of all IT staff
• Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to supervisor
• Champion change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
• Administer the department budget
• Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting networking infrastructure in the Centre
• Anticipates future network needs and identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs
• Oversee the management of IT Helpdesk activities and resolves escalated issues if necessary.
• Ensure that calls to the IT Helpdesk are being handled appropriately to meet the needs of all NMC employees and a high level of user service is provided at all times
• Provide the upkeep, maintenance and security of networks and data;
Evaluate the newest and most innovative technologies and determine how these can help the National Mathematical Centre;
• Manage information systems and other computing resources for the Centre.
• Initiate requirements, budgets, and schedules for Information Technology projects;
• Former Coordinator/Organizer, Nigerian Informatics Olympiad - Identify, select, train and lead Nigerian students to represent Nigeria, on annual basis, at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI);
• Former Coordinator/Organizer, Nigerian Universities Computer Programming Contest (NUCPC) - Organize on annual basis, Nigerian Universities Computer Programming Contest;
• West African Regional (Nigerian) Site Manager - West African Universities Programming Contest.
• Identify, propose and schedule staff for relevant ICT capacity building workshops, courses, seminars and conferences for capacity and career development.
• Advise and guide the Director & CE in all ICT and related matters.
• Report to the Director & Chief Executive as Head of Computer Dept.
Extra Curriculum Activities