UCHE, UGOCHUKWU DAVID
QUALIFICATION: M.Sc Appliied Mathematics
TEL: 08172234749; 08038649879
SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Mathematics Program
DESIGNATION: Asst. Research Fellow
CURRENT POSITION: Asst. Research Fellow
• Research and generating new ideas / concepts and prepare scientific papers on the ideas.
• Go through different research documents and make further contributions.
• Get involved in academic activities of the Centre.
• Go through the Centre's books and publications, make corrections or additions where necessary and forward a report to the Dean.
• Assist in the designing of questionnaires and other survey methodology.
• Exhibit results of research to groups of people.
• Assist in preparation of presentations, manuscripts and other project related topics.
• Keep a check on useful materials (textbooks and software) needed to enhance research works and make recommendation for purchase.
• Work under the supervision of senior researchers.
• Carry out other duties that may be assigned by the Dean or Director.
[2013-2015] COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad Pakistan
M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)
2004 – 2008] UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (UNN), NSUKKA.
B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics
Second Class Honours.
[1993 – 1999] IGANMU HIGH SCHOOL, ORILE IGANMU, LAGOS.
West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E)
[1987 – 1993] MIVARA DAY PRIMARY SCHOOL, AMUKOKO LAGOS.
Primary School Leaving Certificate.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
Member, Nigerian Mathematical Association
Member, Mathematical Association of Nigeria
AWARDS AND RECOGNISTIONS:
RESEARCH INTEREST: Mathematical Modelling; Biomathematics
PUBLICATIONS: A Mathematical Model that Determines the Growth Rate of a Planted Crop, Bsc. Project work.
• Workshop on ‘Recent Advances in Computational Fluid Dynamics’ CIIT Islamabad, Pakistan - 2015
• Pan- African Congress of Mathematicians Abuja - 2013
• Nigerian Mathematical Society Conference Ile-Ife, Osun State - 2013
• 49th Annual Mathematics Association of Nigeria (MAN) conference, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja – 2012
• Olympiad training workshop, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja – 2012
• Total Quality Management and International Organization of Standardization training, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja – 2012/2013