The Mathematical Sciences Education Programme is one of the Academic Departments of the National Mathematical Centre. The Department is headed by a reputable and competent mathematics educator.
The primary aim of the department is to improve the teaching and learning of the mathematical sciences at all levels of our educational strata. This is achieved through organizing workshops to improve the teacher’s effectiveness in the class room.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of the department is in line with the Decree Number 40 of 1989 that established the National Mathematical Centre, Abuja which among others was to encourage activities leading to the improvement of the teaching and learning of Mathematical science at all levels of our educational strata in Nigeria.
The mission of the department includes:
- Organization of workshops for secondary schools teachers in all the states
- Organization of workshops for retraining of primary schools teachers in all the states.
- Organization of workshops for University, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Lecturers.
- Organization of incentive competitions at all levels of our Education.
- Review and updating NMC instructional materials such as teaching Modules, Workbooks and Mathematical Games Books for primary and secondary schools (JSS1-III and SSS I-III).
- Establishment of standard Mathematical sciences laboratories in both public and private schools in all the states of the federation including FCT Abuja.
- Collaborating with States Government to establish Mathematics Improvement Project (MIP).
- Serve as resource department in the joint higher degree programme (JHDP).
- Publication and printing of workshop proceedings and manual by the department.
- Collaborating with educational resource centers for the establishment of Mathematics laboratories in all ERC’s Centers of the federation.
- Inculcate Mathematics culture through lectures and discussion into the Nigeria pupils and students coming for education visit (excursions) to the Centre.
- Designing and production of appropriate improved instructional materials for schools.
- Popularize Mathematics for schools.
List of Staff of the Department(MSEP)
|1||Dr. OLUWANIYI, Steve Dele||NCE, B.Sc.(Ed) Mathematics. M.Ed (M&E),PGDCS, PGDTH, Ph .D(M&E)||Senior Research fellow
|2||Dr. OLODA, Festus Smart||B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
M.Ed., Ph.D. Test and Measurement
|3||Mr. JEKAYINFA, Olatunji James||M.Ed Mathematics||Assistant Research fellow|
|4||Mr. OLAIYA, Olumide||B.Sc.Maths., PGDE, M.Sc financial Maths .Ph.D in view||Assistant research fellow|
|5||Miss EJIOFOR, Ezinne Joy||B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics, M.Sc. Financial Mathematics||Assistant research fellow|
|6||Mr. OKWUOZA, Sylvester Orobosa||B.Sc. (Ed),
M.Tech. Mathematics(Ed) Ph.D in Mathematics (ED) in view
|Assistant research fellow|
|7||Mr. DUROJAIYE, David Sunday||B.Sc. (ED), M.ED. Mathematics||Assistant research fellow|
|8||Mr. OWONUWA, Seun||B.Ed, M.ED in view Maths.||Research assistant|
|9||Miss ONUMA, Nancy Obiageli||M.ED Maths (ED) in view B.S.Ed. Mathematics||Research Assistant|
|10||Mr. TUBONA Gamage||B.Ed Mathematics||Research Assistant|
|11||Mr. CLIFFORD, Royal. A||B.Sc. Applied Mathematics .M.Sc inview||Research Assistant|
|12||Mallam YASHE, Sani .A.||B,Ed M.Ed Mathematics( in view)|| Principal Assistant Register (General Administration)
|13||Mrs. OKAGBUE Angela||B.A (Ed.) English language||Principal Assistant Register (Excursion)|
|14||Mrs. UWAIGIAHANO Stella .O.||B.Sc. Industrial Mathematics, PGDE, M.Ed.Maths. in view||Principal Assistant Register (Establishment)|
|15||Da. PUTTU Danlami Peter||Confidential Secretary iv Confidential Secretary iii Confidential Secretary ii||Principal Personal Secretary|
|16||Mrs. CHARLES Nwabueze Harriet||B.Sc., Statistics||Senior Assistant REGISTER (Establishment )|
|17||Mallam IDRIS, Abdullahi||HND Professional Account & Audit, PGD Admin. Mgt.||Principal Executive Officer|
|18||Mrs. KIDDAMS, Victoria||B.Ed. Management||Principal Executive officer (Excursion)|
|19||Mr. KOLAWOLE, Adewumi Emmanuel||B.Sc.(ed.) Maths , M.Ed. Maths Educ. in view||Assistant Registrar|
|20||Mr. LONGCHI, Christopher Emmanuel||B.Sc. Mathematics, M.Ed. in view||Assistant Registrar|
|21||Mrs. PAM, Cundung Lynda||B.Sc. Mathematics||Assistant Registrar|
|22||Mr. ONUMANYI, Matthew S.J.||B,Sc, Accounting||Admin Officer (General Administration)|
|23||Mrs. HASSAN, Deborah||B.Sc. Mathematics||Admin officer (General Administration)|